Saturday, February 13, 2010

w00t for Canada!

This is the cold that never ends. Yes, it goes on and on, my friends. Somebody started sneezing it, not knowing what it was. And they will go coughing on forever just because this is the cold that never ends...

Yeah, still sick. This one has been a bit of a trip. I've been getting bouts of feverishness tossed in for good measure. And tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I really want to be well enough to enjoy it. You know, you get through a chunk of cold and flu season unscathed, and you start to think you're immune. Well, my body sure showed me.

So! The opening ceremonies last night were pretty fantastic, except for the hydraulics fail at the end. Can you imagine being the dude responsible for that? There's some work you don't want on your resume. But other than Canada's failure to achieve a proper erection to light the torch, they were still able to rise to the occasion. Heh.

I thought overall, it really captured our country. I loved the fiddlers, and the skaters around the rockies. The Inuit bit at the start was very Lord Of The Rings. When the white-garbed Inuit with the staff slammed it down and caused those rippling rings, all I could think of was, "You shall not pass!"


And good old Wayne Gretzky lit the torch, inside and outside. I was pleased it was him. He's an athlete, he's a Canadian hockey hero, and everybody loves the Gretz. Rick Hansen was a cool choice, too. It looked like a rough push into the stadium, though. Maybe dude could use some snow tires.

I'll be watching hockey and figure skating. Those are my favourites. I care about the others in terms of medals, but I'll take the time to watch the events I really like.

Go Canada!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...