Saturday, May 1, 2010

Green with envy

April was a good month. My income tax refund came in and I got an extra pay cheque to play with, one of those delightful things that happens twice a year when you're paid every two weeks. I put some in savings, paid of my credit card, got some new books, and then I bought dresses.
May is back to business. And it's a cold drop back into reality when there are adorable dresses to be had. I was thinking how few shoes I own. I don't care about shoes so much. I like one or two versatile pairs that will go with anything and are easy to slip on. Dresses are what makes my credit card itch. And here are a few lovely girls in green and teal that are singing their siren songs to me:

Luckily for me, this gem is out of stock,
so it's safe from my dress gluttony.



This is one of the most beautiful and flirty dresses I've seen in awhile.
Look at the sash!


This would be the most practical dress of the three,
casual enough for everyday.


The second is my favourite and my first thought was, Oooh! I'm going to a wedding in a couple weeks! But then... it's mostly white and there's kind of a faux pas rule in place about doing that. And considering weddings are the only formal events I attend, this dress would be mostly just to have, rather than to wear. And $130 is a lot to pay for something that will hang out in your closet and make you feel wistful.

Ah, l'amour, l'amour.

I've also started wearing little necklace clocks. They're more fun than watches, which always give me a rash anyway. One is a little owl whose wings open up to a timepiece. The Dude has been calling me Flavor Flav.

3 comments:

Shanen said...

Okay, the first and third dresses are cute, but the second is beyond adorable.

Where do you buy dresses online? I found a site with loads of cute dresses, but I don't know if I should tell you because then you might want to buy more. And that would make me a bad person.

Jendra Berri said...

ModCloth, primarily. And yes, you should tell me about this find!

Shanen said...

That was the site. I always see the cute stuff in the sidebar when I'm on cuteoverload and think of you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...