Monday, February 13, 2012

Go to Bread. Bed.

I'm, like, just dying to go to bed. But alas, the Dude threw clothes in the dryer. The dryer is right beside our bedroom and it dings incessantly for the last 10 minutes of its cycle. It's loud and maddening. So I wait. And for once my body is aching to sleep at a reasonable hour. Go figure.

Last night I had this massive allergy attack. My sinuses had left me in peace all through my honeymoon and as soon as I got home, WHAMO! Sneezing, wheezing and suffering. Nothing would help. I held off taking an allergy pill all day because they knock me out.

When I was ready for bed, I took a pill, only it wasn't an allergy pill. For some reason, in my stuffy stupor, I took a Gravol. Gravol is quite the sleeping pill for me, but it obviously does nothing to make the nose stop running, so I still had to take an allergy pill.

Both make my mouth dry. So I took a glass of water with me to bed, fell dead asleep and yet awoke every 40 minutes to quench aching, dry thirst. I'm not sure when I woke up this morning, but it was obscenely late. So frankly it's a damn miracle I'm even remotely sleepy.

A few things before I toddle off to bed and brave the loud dings:

- My burn has become a tan. I'm getting compliments on it, but all I can see is skin damage. I may be the one person alive who shuns getting a tan. I like them on other people, but I prefer my own skin milky. Looks nicer with the red hair I love so much.

- My kittens were upset we left them for a week. McPal's fiance came over to feed them while we were gone and on Friday he discovered a shit in the middle of the kitchen. Cats express themselves in very obvious ways.

- We're trying out a new grocery delivery service starting tomorrow. Yes, I work from home and grocery delivery is something we're going to try out. Why? Because. That's why.

- I am in desperate need of a trip to the hair salon. I have almost two inches of roots, and I can't find my tweezers and there's about four gray hairs I really need to pluck out.

That is all. Bed. Goodnight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...