Thursday, May 17, 2012

Groupon Relaxation Staycation: Voucher 2

I have redeemed voucher numero two at The Happy Foot Spa. What a... happy experience.

I started my lovely vacation day with lunch with McPal. We hit this truly amazing crepe joint in Yorkville. It had smoked salmon. Anything with smoked salmon is delightful.

The second part of today was a trip to the AGO to see the Picasso exhibit. This was also sort of a Groupon, as the Dude and I bought a dual membership last year for $60. We've seen two special exhibits a piece, thus justifying the cost.

It was kinda wild. These weren't his famous works, but his own personal collection. Some of them were incredibly vivid. Others were sort of... meh. Rather than a view of the works that sold or made an impact, these were like his journal, this was his idea of his own progress and journey. I read that he was a genius and he knew it. I wonder what it would be like to be a genius. I think plenty of people think they are and live with that belief, but to actually be one coupled with that kind of confidence would be crazy.

I spent about an hour in there. I'm not one for lingering in art galleries. I view, I read, I do a little sitting, and then I hit the road. Some people like to hang about and, I suppose, try to get their money's worth. But as much as I enjoy viewing fine art, I get antsy. When I'm done, I'm done. And being alone, I could leave at my leisure.

En route to Happy Foot, I spontaneously decided to make an appointment to donate blood. Hell, why not! I'm on vacation! Heh. I've always wanted to, but I never seem to be able to make the time. So that's tomorrow, and afterwards I'll enjoy a guilt-free cupcake to get my blood sugar up. Hee! And before my workout. I hope that exercising a few hours after donating blood isn't a stupid thing to do.

And finally, the foot reflexology. Goodness me. Now that was relaxing. Foot soak, shoulder massage, and total foot and leg attention. I could easily see myself going back. I felt like jelly, nearly feel asleep in the chair. I love spas. I heart indulging myself. The woman at the blood clinic asked me if I was 17 so I could donate. I had the joy of telling her I was turning 30 this year. I sometimes fancy I've held off the clock on aging with all the skincare and soothing things I've done over the years. I got my first facial when I was 20.

But really, I think I just have a baby face. Hopefully some day there won't be a reckoning. Like when I have kids, maybe then suddenly and terribly I'll look my age and more.

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday. Vacation always flies by. This year, frankly, is tumbling past me. But that is a subject for another post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...