Saturday, March 30, 2013

Letter



The following is an e-mail from the past, composed 3 months and 29 days ago, on November 30, 2012. It is being delivered from the past through FutureMe.org

Dear FutureMe,
You're a mom! Or at least, hopefully you are. I've got my fingers crossed that you've given birth by now. If not, well, chin up. Easy for me to say, though, isn't it? I'm not 9 months pregnant.
This letter is only being sent about four months into the future, but really, motherhood is supposed to be transformative. Are you still you? Does life seem better?
I have so many questions. How was birth? Girl or boy? What's breastfeeding like? How have the cats been reacting? Is ***Dude*** excited? That last one I don't think I really need to ask. I'm pretty sure he'll be overjoyed.
I'm enjoying my last months of independence. I hope you're enjoying the co-dependence of loving your baby. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think we were meant for this life.
Make sure you get out and meet other mothers in the next couple months. I think that'll be important.
Good luck!

Sometimes even you have the power to taunt yourself. No baby yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...