Friday, September 13, 2013

The Baby Always Wins

You child will always find a way to thwart you. A couple days ago I wrote down Jack's routine on the kitchen chalkboard. It was a loose but accurate flow of his typical day, with hour-long windows for when certain things are likely to happen, say, a nap, which usually begins around 11:00 to 11:30. I was feeling very pleased with myself. It's not a schedule, but a helpful guide for myself, the Dude or anyone who might care for Jack in daylight hours.

Boom.

Well, despite waking me at 3:30, today he didn't start his day until almost 8:00, which pushed his morning nap to start at 9:30, which had him waking up at 10:45, so nap time wasn't till after noon. I have no idea what's going to happen now and no clue what to expect.

Never believe you know what a baby is going to do. Probably serves me right for trying to sort him out while he's teething anyway.

I have a big post coming up about a topic that's near to my heart, but I'm not ready to write it out yet. It's a long one and since I have no idea what time my son is going to wake up now, I don't know if I have time to give it the attention it deserves.

But soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...